ChatGPT is an AI service that allows you to send it messages and ask it questions and it will respond. The technology that drives it is called "AI", "Machine Learning" and at its most fundamental, it's statistics.
I decided that the best way to describe ChatGPT to ask ChatGPT a series of questions about ChatGPT and share both the questions and the answers.
The steps to do this:
- I visited https://chat.openai.com
- logged in (you need to sign up if you don't have an account)
- I chose "GPT-4"
What Is ChatGPT?
Then in "Send a message", I typed:
Summarize ChatGPT for a 5 year old using this writing style: Clear, slightly formal, but witty, friendly, flowing, simple sentences, bulleted list, short sentences, like a captivating technical educator.
It responded with:
Sure, let's have some fun and chat about what ChatGPT is! I'll keep it simple for you:
- ChatGPT is like a super smart robot. Its brain is like a library, filled with many, many books.
- It learned to talk by reading a lot of stuff – books, articles, websites. Like your reading time, but way more!
- It's not human, but it's a fantastic pretend player. It can pretend to be a storyteller, teacher, or even a science guru.
- This robot never sleeps. It's like your favorite teddy bear, always there when you need it.
- t's not perfect, sometimes it makes mistakes. But remember when you learned to ride a bike? Practice makes perfect, right? ChatGPT is always learning too.
- And the coolest part? It lives inside the computer! You don't have to tidy up its toys or give it a bath. A very neat friend indeed! So, that's our ChatGPT, a computer friend who loves to chat, learn, and is always there for you!
What Is GPT?
I then asked:
Do the same, but for GPT
Of course, let's dive into what GPT is all about:
- GPT is like the big brother of our friend, ChatGPT. Its full name is Generative Pretrained Transformer, but GPT is way easier to say!
- Like a super smart artist, GPT can paint with words. It can write stories, answer questions, and do many clever things, just using words.
- How does it do this? It's like a sponge! It soaked up tons of words from books, articles, and all sorts of stuff to learn how to chat.
- It's like the world's best guesser. If you give it a few words, it will try to guess what comes next. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong. But it's always fun!
- Now, this is the cool part: It's a very, very quick learner. It can learn a lot faster than you or I can. Just imagine reading all the books in the world in a blink of an eye!
- Remember, it's not a person. It can't feel or think. It's a clever machine we built to help us with words. And that, my dear friend, is GPT – an incredibly smart word artist living in the computer!
What's The Difference Between GPT-3 and GPT-4?
What's the difference between gpt-3 and gpt-4?
Ah, good question! Think about it like this:
- Now, GPT-4 is the younger sibling, but it's also bigger and stronger. How did it get that way? Well, it's because it read more books, articles, and all kinds of stuff. It has more knowledge because it studied more!
- It's like if GPT-3 read all the books in a big city library, GPT-4 read all the books in every library in the whole country!
- Also, GPT-4 is better at guessing what to say next in a chat. You can think of it like playing a game of catch - GPT-4 is just better at catching and throwing back the words.
- One more thing, GPT-4 understands complicated stuff better. It's like if GPT-3 can solve small puzzles, GPT-4 can solve bigger, trickier ones! Remember, both GPT-3 and GPT-4 are super helpful, but GPT-4 is just a bit more knowledgeable and accurate because it learned more. But they're both awesome word artists living inside the computer!
How To Use ChatGPT
How should I use ChatGPT? (also give your response with every new line having a "> " at the beginning)
I use Markdown for my blog posts. I was getting tired of adding a "> " at the beginning of each line it gave me back, so I told it to give me a response with the "> ". This is one of the neat things about ChatGPT, it can adapt to what you ask it to do!
Sure thing, here are some ideas on how to use ChatGPT:
- You can use ChatGPT to get answers to your questions. It's like having a very knowledgeable friend who's always ready to help!
- If you want to write a story but don't know where to start, ChatGPT can help. Just give it a sentence or two, and it will help spin a tale.
- If you're learning a new language, ChatGPT can be a great practice partner. You can chat with it in the language you're learning!
- If you're curious about something but don't want to read a whole Wikipedia article, ask ChatGPT! It can give you a quick summary.
- Remember, while ChatGPT is smart, it's not perfect. It can sometimes make mistakes. So for important stuff, like your homework, always double-check the information!
- And most importantly, have fun! Try asking it to tell a joke or a fun fact. There's a lot you can do with ChatGPT, so go ahead and explore!
I hope that was interesting, and useful!
I thought it'd be more fun to use ChatGPT and show how I used ChatGPT to explain ChatGPT because I love to make things meta!
Stay curious and keep chatting!