It's been a while since I've posted a new thought/article here.
Some things that held me back:
- My process had too much friction
- I was using
git, a tool that's great for versioning but terrible for moving fast
git meant I was limited to the devices I could publish on easily
- I waited for something to be perfect before publishing
- I was wanting to using Notion's API (it's been "coming soon" for almost a month now) to write and visualize my post statuses
What got me moving:
- I rethought my process
- I decided to move everything to Dropbox
- Moving to Dropbox means I can use a computer, phone or tablet to write
- I don't have to think about committing changes, they're just there when I write them
- I just write stuff down
- I accepted that maybe every idea is better fledgling and shared instead of almost perfect and invisible
I plan on making a better signal for the status for an article/blog post (what do I even call these?) so that others know how well-thought out a piece of content is, but for now, the goal is just to write and let the world see it.