- Website: https://netlify.com
Netlify is a cloud-based platform that offers hosting and serverless backend services for web applications and static websites.
It provides continuous deployment from Git across a global application delivery network, as well as serverless form handling, user authentication, and more.
Here are some reasons why you might consider using Netlify to deploy your website:
- Continuous Deployment: Netlify supports continuous deployment, a methodology that automates the deployment of your website or application every time you push a change to the version-controlled source repository (like GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket).
- Global Application Delivery Network: Netlify's network is spread across several data centers worldwide, which means your website or web application is deployed across all these locations simultaneously. This global coverage ensures faster loading times and a better user experience for visitors regardless of their location.
- Serverless Functions: Netlify supports serverless functions, which can be used to build and deploy server-side components without having to manage a server infrastructure yourself. This is handy for running backend code in response to HTTP requests or scheduled events.
- Atomic Deploys: Netlify uses atomic deploys, meaning every file in your website is deployed together, at the same time. This approach prevents any downtime or inconsistencies that could otherwise occur during the deployment process.
- Version Control: Netlify's version control support means you can revert to previous versions of your website or application at any point. If something goes wrong, you can go back to a stable version quickly and easily.
- Simple to Use: Netlify is renowned for its user-friendly approach. It's easy to set up, and the interface is intuitive even for those with limited experience in web development or deployment.
- Developer Tools: Netlify provides several developer tools that make the development process easier. For example, you can use Netlify Functions for serverless backend services, and Netlify Identity for user authentication and gatekeeping. There's also Netlify Forms for form handling, and the ability to manage redirects and headers directly in your repository.
It simplifies the deployment process, reduces the need for server management, and makes it easy to roll back changes if needed.
- curiouslychase.com is deployed with Netlify
- Production Only Google Analytics in GatsbyJS with Netlify