How I Publish Content to curiouslychase.com
Previously I iterated on a few solutions to publish content and they each had downsides...
First, I used Dropbox to publish my posts. The downsides were:
- Files didn't stay in sync between Obsidian sync and Dropbox.
- I had to stay up to date with the Dropbox API and it changed quit a bit
- I wasn't needing to "publish on the go" the way I anticipated I needed to.
In my second iteration, I wanted to focus on publishing more of what I originally considered posts as "notes", so I was using Obsidian Publish by fetching content on request and serving a rendered version via NextJS. The downsides were:
- It was slow to render
- My URLs were hard to read
- It was brittle because I kept track of the entire path of a file. If I moved it, it broke the URL
My goals are to...
- publish content easily (but not necessarily on the fly)
- reduce duplication of where I write and focus in on Obsidian
- reduce creating redirects
I now copy my Obsidian vault on my computer into my `git` repo's
content folder and publish on push.